UMC Legacy switch

Forum for officer related discussion. Only Ensign + JCOS may view and reply in this Forum.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:38 am

Hello Captains and Vice Admirals,

A large part of my plan for the future of the UMC when I was promoted was to focus the UMC on Legacy of the Void as early as possible to offer our members an advantage over the people who will switch at release.

As a lot of members have already switched and we now have a Legacy release date I would like to further put things in motion.

The plan is to start a Legacy of the Void training night weekly and to start running Legacy based events.
As such as a Captain/VA I would like to see the following:

1. Participation in the weekly LOTV training night.
2. Each captain to host at least 1 LOTV themed event over the next 2 months.
3. Help raise awareness of the change.

As for the training night I would like somebody to run it. They don't have to be there each week just make sure an officer+ is there to run the event and make sure it is posted on the Events board each week.

I would like to get these training nights running within the month.

Thanks,
Fleet Admiral Doadrift
Tyrael

Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:28 am

Im happy to do it, be a reason to finally install it haha.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:26 pm

We aren't going to stop doing HoTS content but we would be crazy not to prepare our guys for LOTV as its release is Q4 2015 and we are heading into Q4.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:33 pm

Thats why I have asked for people to help run a second practice night weekly specifically for LOTV, preferably on a different night to HoTS training.

I think going forward we should specifically label our training nights (and maybe other events) as HoTS or LoTV during this transition period.
Tyrael

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:10 pm

Going forward we should actually make training night an actual training activity. Not show up, watch a few masters and diamonds play and or play against them and get slaughtered deterring lower leagues, arguably the ones who most need training from actually participating.

Similar to arcade night, its just become a monotonous exercise people either do for the sake of it or no longer do because its the exact same thing every week.

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:13 pm

Yes FallenAngel was talking about that, it used to be like that but then just sort of became a Peepmode night.
Tyrael

Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:32 pm

He was, yet to see anything further than that, yet alone see him on.

Training night has failed to start for the past fortnight due to lack of interest. Hosting more of them will not aid us until we actually go back to genuine training.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:38 pm

I sorta tried this approach there is alot of intrest in theory, everyone liked the idea when I pitched it. Getting people to show up and be the trainers, and more then nico showing up to be the trainee is the hard part. I will help what I can I'm not sure what Good I'll be as my video card is dieing

Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:30 am

Ok lets set out a plan/guide for how training nights are going to work and I'll make a sticky and make it an official guideline.

We need HOTS and LOTV training nights until LOTV is released at the end of the year.

We will run both similarly or we can do them each rotating weeks so week 1: HOTS week 2: LOTV.

It seems everyone would prefer:
- No peepmode.
- A training channel on TS with different rooms?
- atleast a couple of games each with trainers for both players?

Anything I have missed?

We also need volunteers - So far we have Tyrael to run it, do we have any volunteers for trainers or anyone on your ships who you think would help? I beleive Yachtmaster would help.
  • Information