Heroes of the Storm Tourny

Forum for officer related discussion. Only Ensign + JCOS may view and reply in this Forum.
Amarr

Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:52 am

There is going to be a Heroes tournament taking place that I wanted to share with you all. Details should be in the link. Also stay tuned as the same group that I am also part of will be looking at setting up an StarCraft Tourny as well. Entries for all tournaments are $5 per person. Hope to see you there and stay tuned for the SC announcement once we get things set up there.

Will be held on the 21st. Sign ups start on the 15th
Last edited by Amarr on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
remo

Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:55 am

I moved this out of the main section of the forums as I'm 95% sure this constitutes gambling. They require an entry fee, have a contest where chance is an element and pay a prize.

We had previously discussed with other things that you can have tournaments with a prize but you cant charge for entry.

Do ya'll agree this is inappropriate given that we have members in lots of places, several of which this sort of thing would be flatly illegal?
Tyrael

Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:33 am

We wouldn't be fielding a team and with a variety of states and countries represented. I can't see the issue with allowing it to remain in place. Bar Amarr does anyone here even play Heroes that competitively?

Unfortunately removing things based on legality on the internet is largely a slippery slope and also for any agencies to actually enforce.
  • Information