Reviving a Good Cause

Forum for all proposals and discussion regarding the Elder\'s Board
Oblivion

Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:47 pm

Greetings Elders,

Just wanted to bring this up to you all and see about starting positive conversation regarding areas of the clan we need to revise, discuss, or offer our suggestions on. I think the Elder's Board is a cool system of "checks and balances" and seeing that we are either active in a reduced role or simply keeping up-to-date with the clan, we could provide some benefit in our own way.

Let me know what you think,
Oblivion
Formerly Known as A1a3a1(ConFed)

:|: Inducted as a Confederation Legend in 2009 :|:

Commandant :|: Fleet Admiral :|: Domestic Advisor :|: Vice President :|: President

Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:16 pm

I Wonder if we can start a monthly elder meeting.on ts
Oblivion

Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:13 pm

I have a few ideas that I want to run past you guys.

Commandant :|: Fleet Admiral :|: Domestic Advisor :|: Vice President :|: President
Faded

Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:06 pm

I would not support a monthly meeting as elders we are not the most active members which means we don't have a set schedule. I think our best way of contact is PM's on the forums.
Legend

Member Since 2006
Oblivion

Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:23 am

I agree. As needed basis. Email / Forums / PM

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:32 am

I have got to disagree with both of you on this. The role of this board was to ensure the confed we know and love stays the same, and it has done anything but that. Now I agree with some of the changes but some dont, and if we are to be the arbiter of this then we should take it more seriously or not at all. So having a teamspeak meeting once in a while wouldn't kill either one of you. If we don't voice our opinions then later they will be ignored. But then again according to our own rules only oblivion currently has any "elder" power as you can't be an elder and Actively serving. I'll never accept the "no time" argument I work 12 hour days 7 days a week 365 days a year No sick time to vacation. And I still am on and active to help the clan especially now with ship launch. so yea end rant
Oblivion

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:01 am

I agree with communication and a need for meeting up once in a while, but I think the idea of a set meeting would be counterproductive. We should meet on an as needed basis.

We have to complete some of the duties of the Elder Board and also potentially re-visit the criteria since you two had the great idea of rejoining after you retired. Image

-ConFed Constitution
-Checks and Balances
-History of ConFed
-Lore Review

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:09 am

When I say meeting I mean with elders and high command
Oblivion

Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:17 am

Jdman wrote:When I say meeting I mean with elders and high command
Lets actually come up with some legislation and solutions first, but I do agree.

Faded

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:16 pm

I'm retired still Oblivion, My rejoin was a mistake and I fixed that, I do not have the time required to fully commit myself to the clan. Though JDman does not believe such things.

JDman we cannot KEEP ConFed the same as the game evolves the clan goes with it something us "elders" have had a hard time adjusting to. I believe the clan is taking steps in a good direction and we should see where it ends up. I am open to discussion but there is no need to inundate us with set meetings and itineraries, I know this whole motivation thing with JDman will shortly blow over in time as this happens I would say once a quarter.
Legend

Member Since 2006
Oblivion

Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:58 pm

I think we should focus on forming a detailed history of ConFed + Official Lore

• Information