Official History and Clan Lore

Forum for all proposals and discussion regarding the Elder\'s Board
Oblivion

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Greetings Elders,

I would like to take a moment to fulfill one of our duties set forth by the Elder Board Act, which is to create the Official Confederation History. i posted about this in the JCOS, but realized that we should go ahead and form it and then present it.

I also wanted to try and attach the "official" Lore to this, as well. I made changes as President and future Presidents will continue to adapt ConFed to better serve the current member base, so I think it would be great to save the unaltered version from the BW era so that the current clan can respect, but also adapt ConFed to serve them better (when needed).

Cheers,
Oblivion

PS- Just reply here for ideas of where to start, what lore to remember, etc.
Formerly Known as A1a3a1(ConFed)

:|: Inducted as a Confederation Legend in 2009 :|:

Commandant :|: Fleet Admiral :|: Domestic Advisor :|: Vice President :|: President
Faded

Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Tough to think where to begin, us 3 were around for about the same amount of history. Original Ranks/Branches should not be forgotten I'm pretty sure the UMC ranks were altered before even we joined, does anyone have contact with extremely old school members even before our time.
Legend

Member Since 2006

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:07 pm

I can talk to flamer and ducky

Added (2015/March/30, 5:07 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also if you look at the legends page we had ranks of executive and senator. I'm going to assume executive was some sort of high command position. And senator was maybe something too do with jcos. Or perhaps what they used too call legends. Also zzz has a link too thugs old old old clan website there is alot of info on that as well. We should also examine the old website on the wayback machine as well as any screen shots crunchy has before it went down
Oblivion

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:51 pm

ZZZ posted a link to an old school ConFed website which I think ThuG did (it's still live, but I forgot the URL). It has all those old ranks for Senator, etc.

I realize that we are going to be missing a lot of specifics on the very beginning, but I think we have a lot of memories / history to write down during our time.

Commandant :|: Fleet Admiral :|: Domestic Advisor :|: Vice President :|: President
Faded

Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:40 pm

We could also write about the 3 different Presidents we've had in our time of service and maybe talk to Flamer?? about some before SyXx and write about their significant impacts on the clan. Crunchy bringing us to SC2, you building somewhat stability on this platform. SyXx ruling with an iron fist while still staying successful with high rosters until the end of Brood War, I know we have a Legends page but it doesn't truly show what impacts a lot of the great members had on the clan, Ducky especially.
Legend

Member Since 2006

Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:32 pm

http://thug188.tripod.com/ thats thugs old site. lots of annyoing pop ups.

http://www.campaigncreations.org/starcra....urposes

that is clarks campagin that like the "birth" of confed puts everything into context

http://web.archive.org/web/201202080507 ... on.ath.cx/
Oblivion

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:39 pm

I like your idea Faded. We could post some drafts and edit it until we are ready to present it.

Faded

Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:49 am

What is that last link JDman, it doesn't do anything for me.
Legend

Member Since 2006

Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:09 pm

That's the old site. Bad link sorry.

Added (2015/April/04, 1:09 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Any chance you guys could be on tonight for ship launch?
Oblivion

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:22 pm

Probably not, sorry.

Faded

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:32 pm

I will be online.
Legend

Member Since 2006
Oblivion

Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:13 am

I already have a nice framework for the Charter/Constitution that I'll send to you all to look over. I envisioned this as the main "framework" that ConFed sits on. It would provide freedom for the current and future High Command and JCOS to make revisions (Drydock, new Ships, retiring CRA / SSA), but at the same time, would keep the original ConFed and Lore alive and well.

Who wants to tackle what President to write about?

• Information