Need Your Input Elders!

Forum for all proposals and discussion regarding the Elder\'s Board
Oblivion

Sun May 03, 2015 8:08 pm

Hey Guys,

I wanted to take a moment to run some ideas by you guys. I have had a few moments to contemplate our goal as an "Elder's Board" which will fit with the current operations of the clan. I've come to the following conclusion(s):

1) Official Caretakers of Confederation History (Original Laws, Ranks, Structure, etc)
2) Official Caretakers of Confederation Legends
3) Advisors to the current Leadership
4) "Alumni" / Legend Networking
5) Elder's Board -> Elder's Council

I think we have a lot to contribute in the area of History / Legends. Once CrunChy and I get together to discuss it, the History section should be completed. With that, we can add our Presidential Bios, History, Ranks, etc. I want to push for the Elder's Board to be allowed to edit those pages, as needed.

Furthermore, as the Elder's Board, I would like to request the ability for editing the Legend's page to offer some well-deserved updates (graphically and in text) so that we can present our Legends in the best light possible. Seeing as we have the ultimate say in who becomes a Confederation Legend, I believe this right is well deserved.

Furthermore, I think we can begin to work on finding our old brothers / sisters who are Confederation Legends and former Members. I also think we could lay a foundation to mend some of these relationships. By establishing this network, we can hear their advice, but more importantly, always have a strong support system if the clan is ever in need.

Finally, I would like to re-brand the Elder's Board to become the Elder's Council. I want to try and finalize our ultimate responsibilities and rules. When I created this, it was somewhat on a whim and I think we should all try and get together and discuss how it should truly operate and finalize the official rules.

As you can see, our main focus will be on ConFed, behind the scenes. We allow current leadership to operate the clan's day-to-day functions, but we ultimately guard ConFed's true Lore, Laws, and History.

Cheers,
Oblivion
Formerly Known as A1a3a1(ConFed)

:|: Inducted as a Confederation Legend in 2009 :|:

Commandant :|: Fleet Admiral :|: Domestic Advisor :|: Vice President :|: President

Mon May 04, 2015 10:18 am

I love these ideas. I also believe we as elders should elect one of us to an advisory only seat on the high command. As the clan was originally founded we had positions like this as executives and senators. Syxx changed that when we took over. This position would have access to the high command board. Power to edit only the pages listed above by oblivion, and an open invite to all high command meetings. This person couldn't do anything else high command can do like break laws or ban people. This person couldn't be an acting member. Let the president nominate, elders vote.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:16 pm

Legends/Elders have JCOS privileges and can sit in on JCOS meetings. HC meetings are about the stuff that we then lay out in JCOS meetings for open discussion. Theres no point to changing that at all, High Command meetings are closed door where we exchange cookies for vicodin. among other actual clan related stuff.
Oblivion

Mon May 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Greetings,
Jdman wrote:I love these ideas. I also believe we as elders should elect one of us to an advisory only seat on the high command. As the clan was originally founded we had positions like this as executives and senators. Syxx changed that when we took over. This position would have access to the high command board. Power to edit only the pages listed above by oblivion, and an open invite to all high command meetings. This person couldn't do anything else high command can do like break laws or ban people. This person couldn't be an acting member. Let the president nominate, elders vote.
I think we could resolve your "concern" another way, we will talk one-on-one about a solution that is within our realm of powers.
CrunChy wrote:Loving the ideas Oblivion. I am going to be online all day tomorrow and Wednesday. So if you want to catch me to talk about the history project I am down to talk.
Excited to further progress our ideas! I'm finishing up finals, so hopefully I'll be on to chat.
CrunChy wrote:Elders or Legends are only entitled to JCOS privileges, having a part in High Command affairs is not one of them. I don't see that changing anytime soon. There will be many JCOS meetings that follow High Command meetings where Legends are entitled to sit in and give their input.
Completely agree. Unless asked, I believe it would be beneficial that we stay out of High Command meetings.
NeonFire wrote:Legends/Elders have JCOS privileges and can sit in on JCOS meetings. HC meetings are about the stuff that we then lay out in JCOS meetings for open discussion. Theres no point to changing that at all, High Command meetings are closed door where we exchange cookies for vicodin. among other actual clan related stuff.
Thanks for saying the same thing CrunChy just said.

Appreciate the interest in Elder's affairs and I look forward to using our free time, talent, and experience to help further the vision of The Confederation as well as strengthen our history / lore. I'll be sure to post official ideas / proposals in the JCOS Board. So, don't be surprised to see some interesting things pop up on this board from time-to-time as we are simply brainstorming.

Cheers,
Oblivion
Formerly Known as A1a3a1(ConFed)

:|: Inducted as a Confederation Legend in 2009 :|:

Commandant :|: Fleet Admiral :|: Domestic Advisor :|: Vice President :|: President
  • Information