Event and Recruit Awards

For Joint Chiefs of Staff discussions.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:19 pm

As discussed in the last jcos meeting It was determined that we needed a way to keep track of events and recruits because events and recruits are the only way to earn a higher rank. Instead of making new awards myself and neonfire came up with the idea of using current medals to keep track. As I think about this I believe we should make two new medals. One medal would be issued for creating and hosting an event, and one for recruiting a new member AND that person passing the cadet test. once a person posts in the awards forums page likw normal after running thier event. Who ever updates that page will give the host or creator the award instead of the confederation cross. We should no longer use the service cross for this as the service cross should be reserved for a higher honor only second too the medal of honor. The second award will be given when a person updates the roster after a new member is promoted to private. They will do the normal routine of updating the LDAP and the roster. Then the updater will check the new members ucoz profile to see who recruited them. then they will give the recruiter the new recruitment award. This is the simplest way to do this I believe unless our grand MAGIC ENGINEER Remo is able to concoct some automatic way like the ldap. But until then we should implement something like this so we can start keeping track So we can give officers timely promotions.

Added (2015/April/24, 6:19 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Remo had asked for a person to outline how this should be done in the previous recruitment incentives thread. That's why I posted this
Last edited by Kira on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remo

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Grand Wizard... just because I live in the south...
remo

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:36 pm

This would be something for crunchy to setup as we are still using the ucoz awards system and not ldap awards. While I would like to switch over at some point this is not the time as there are still some usability issues there to figure out and lots of other projects ahead of it. I know precisely jack and shit about how to setup new awards in the ucoz system.

That said, I like it. I wish we used awards more and this seems like a reasonable plan. It seems like all we would need to do to implement this is setup the new awards in ucoz and write some policy documents/instructions.

Groovy.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:35 pm

We just need to draw two new awards and it can be done i believe. I suggest we use Tyreal.

Added (2015/April/24, 8:35 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Changed, you are now the GRAND MAGICAL ENGINEER
  • Information