Gluttony (And other banned members)

For Joint Chiefs of Staff discussions.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:48 am

What happened with Gluttony?

Also I think we should post threads on JCOS when someone is banned so that we are all up to date with whats going on in the clan.

I'm happy for us to vote on that as well if some people are against it?

Thanks,

Fleet Admiral Doadrift
Tyrael

Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:13 am

Off memory Proxy was BM'ing Greed so he left the clan a day or so ago. Not sure exactly what he did to get the ban.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:19 am

Yeh thats my point, it would be nice so we are all on the same page to know what people did to get the ban as its our most extreme answer to any problem.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:26 am

Yea some updates for JCOS would be nice

Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:24 am

Gluttony approached me when I went on sc2 to play with Tyrael and gave me his side of the story and I said i would bring it up here. There are always three sides to the story so I'm not saying his is correct or he did the right thing but I think its in the best interests of the clan that we have a chat about it, either on here or TS if you guys are happy.

We can also talk about a policy/method for bans which would be good.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:56 am

** DISCLAIMER THIS IS UN SOLICITED ADVICE AS A LEGEND NOT AN ORDER***
In the past we have a sort of trial and then a vote. If you scroll to page three of this forum you will see the discussion we had about beta. I think with recruitment getting hard every member should get a fair shake. We also have a cda to run this sort of thing, so we should follow our own laws and procedures.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:16 pm

I will be moving the HC thread to JCOS shortly where you can see the screenshots. Gluttony was banned for making a clan named "Fuck Remo", making disparaging comments about confed, advertising his fuck remo clan in our community, joining our teamspeak repeatedly after being told to leave, and finally impersonating a different ConFed member on our teamspeak.

There is only a "vote" on banning people when it is needed, such as a member causing internal issues or cheating.

As i said, the HC thread will be moved in a few minutes, so feel free to check that out. But Gluttony will remain banned
remo

Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Greed comes on TS, and as I understand it was asked to leave off teamspeak for now because he's been leaving the clan and it keeps being an issue. I dunno the exact conversation.
He got on teamspeak to hang out and play games and I asked him not to. He said yeah well tramp still gets to and I explained there is a difference between visiting occasionally and saying fuck you guys and fuck this clan im out, taking off your clantag and then hanging out on teamspeak like nothing happened less than 24hrs later. He was not kicked but he was asked to leave for awhile. He tried to get on another two times later and I reiterated my statement.

I didn't see this part myself but neon tells me he also got on with a different mic and voice trying to impersonate another player called solo.

I kinda thought that anyone that isn't socially retarded would understand this but maybe i need to spell it out with an analogy.

If you're playing baseball with your team and get mad and take off your jersey, say fuck all you guys and fuck this team i quit and stomp off the field, you go home. Maybe you come back later and ask to come back on the team but you certainly don't act like nothing happened and just walk back on the field. And you damn sure don't walk back on the field in the same game without your jersey still telling people to go fuck themselves.

Honestly if he had stayed away for a week then come back and asked to rejoin, we would have let him. Even though he has done this several times before.

However, next thing I know neonfire has banned greed for this whole making a fuck remo clan thing and trying to recruit people to it in the community channel.

On another note, I've spoken to proxy and asked him to tone it down. Proxy does have a talent for trash talk but anyone can hear in his voice that he is just fucking around. Proxy is never mean spirited. The same can not be said for greed. I feel like this started with less of proxy being bm and more of greed being hypersensitive.

It is unfortunate that he had to ragequit out the clan, trash talk HC, keep getting back on teamspeak when asked not to, make a fuck remo clan and then get in the community chat to troll people about joining the fuck remo clan there.

This whole sequence of events is a series of overreactions by greed.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:02 pm

Glad he is gone then. Didn't know he self destructed like that.
Tyrael

Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:08 pm

remo wrote:On another note, I've spoken to proxy and asked him to tone it down. Proxy does have a talent for trash talk but anyone can hear in his voice that he is just fucking around. Proxy is never mean spirited. The same can not be said for greed. I feel like this started with less of proxy being bm and more of greed being hypersensitive.
Unfortunately when I read this I find it hard to believe Proxy would have been spoken to appropriately given the inference you've established. Regardless of if BM is warranted or a joke etc. it will always come down to how it is perceived, be it a hypersensitive member or actual unsolicited BM.

I can only hope Proxy was put on notice for this otherwise no doubt we will find ourselves in the same position, just with another member involved.

Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:32 pm

Myself and remo clearly just stated that we spoke to Proxy. This is not about Proxy. Greed has told like 4 different stories, all of which conflict with each other, and the reason he left has nothing to do with the reason he was banned.
remo

Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:53 pm

Gluttony: I would like to apologise for creating the clan [FkRemo] It was childish and stupid. I was just acting out, not that that's an excuse.
Gluttony: I would like to apologise for creating the clan [FkRemo] It was childish and stupid. I was just acting out, not that that's an excuse.
Last Message 9:39 AM
Gluttony reconnected
Gluttony disconnected
Gluttony reconnected
Gluttony: wow ok ignore me
Last Message 7:10 PM
Gluttony: blocking is rude
You: youre not blocked
in in the middle of playing in a clanwar
get back to me in 45mins
assmuign i dont allkill
boo is streaming it ifn you wanna watch
Last Message 7:26 PM
Gluttony disconnected
Gluttony reconnected
You: ok i lost me second match in the clanwar
[C0nfed] ?
Last Message 7:56 PM
Gluttony disconnected
Gluttony reconnected
Eqor: Yo
I asumme you didnt see my apology
since you blocked me
You: i didnt block you
Eqor: oh
You: i also responded to you
Eqor: ...
Oh
You: jackass
Eqor: um
my game fucked up
sorryu
what did you say
You: Last Message 7:10 PM
Eqor: I needed to restart router cuz my brother was bitching
You: Gluttony: blocking is rude
You: youre not blocked
in in the middle of playing in a clanwar
Eqor: DID I BLOCK YOU???
OMG
IM AN ASSHOLE
You: get back to me in 45mins
Eqor: DID I
FUCK
BRB
You: assmuign i dont allkill
boo is streaming it ifn you wanna watch
Eqor: holy shit
why were you so nice to me
You: You: ok i lost me second match in the clanwar
[C0nfed] ?
thats what i responded with
Eqor: wtf
did I really block you
I dont remmber that
idk why I would
Eqor disconnected
Last Message 8:12 PM
and then he types this and immediatly disconnects without giving me even a second to respond
Gluttony reconnected
Gluttony: err
no I dont
wtf
why cant I see your messages
if youre typing something
I cant see it
WTF
Gluttony disconnected
and now he is disconnecting one account, typing on thing, logging out and into the other account and back and forth

i can only assume he is trolling

and of course to go with our best attempts to be totally manner for this clanwar, is their stream chat:
ConFed_GreeD: ♥
ConFed_GreeD: Disclaimer: Im not ConFed
WildCardSC: hey host me ill stream
Now hosting WildCardSC.
ConFed_GreeD: stop
Remoford: *waves* from boo's host
ConFed_GreeD: TOP LEFT
ConFed_GreeD: ARGHAGAGAG
ConFed_GreeD: remo
ConFed_GreeD: idk why this is happening
ConFed_GreeD: Whats with this butthole caster
ConFed_GreeD: Disclaimer: Im not ConFed

Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:07 pm

Eqor: Yo
Cholo
For some reason I aint seeing messages from people
o-o
You: that would be because remo is logged out
Eqor: oh no
when he was
You: it is quite hard to message someone without being online
Eqor: I would see on this account
but other one not
o3o
uhmm
so.
About
being
banned
You: yeah
Eqor: ...
You: is this you asking to come back or what
Eqor disconnected
Gluttony: nope this is me asking to be unbanned
Gluttony reconnected
You: okay
stop switching accounts ffs
make complete sentences
what is your query
Gluttony: query*?
ignore the star
idk why I typed it
You: query
question
inquiry
Gluttony: ah
yeah ok
May I please get unbanned from Community and teamspeak?
You: thats it?
or the clan too
Gluttony: Well
You: like do you want to rejoin or just not be banned
Gluttony: Since like 10 people messaged me saying ill be back in a few days
Im reluctant to join back
so
just the ts and the community channel
Last Message 10:08 PM
You: mkay remo will put a vote up
Gluttony: okey

Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:53 am

Ok well that adds the other side to the story which is good.

I think what we should focus on maybe isn't so much what happened for the ban but what happened in the lead up and work on it for the better of the clan.

Taking aside the fact Greed is young and doesn't understand consequences, it looks like there was a legitimate problem with him and Proxy. We really should be working to create an environment that doesn't make people feel that they can't sort out a BMing issue and that the only thing to do is leave.

It looks like in this situation GreeD was BMing back but it seems that was more a defense mechanism as he seems to take it emotionally when it looks like Proxy is mainly joking.

We should consider this and look at what we can do to prevent it happening in the future.

As for GreeD it looks like (due to being young, immature, etc) he has reacted in a super negative/childish way instead of trying to sort the issue out properly.

This brings up another question. In situations like this when its clearly emotional misunderstandings all around do we want to take the hard line with a perma ban or do we want to offer (as Remo mentioned with his baseball analogy) the opportunity to cool down (maybe a week as Remo said) and make an apology then make it clear if it happens again its perma ban?

Also as I mentioned earlier would we like to make a single thread for bans or even just a policy of a new topic in JCOS that way all HC + UMC management have the facts to make it easier when people are offline if we are approached?

Thanks for the reply guys,

Fleet Admiral Doadrift
remo

Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:14 am

This brings up another question. In situations like this when its clearly emotional misunderstandings all around do we want to take the hard line with a perma ban or do we want to offer (as Remo mentioned with his baseball analogy) the opportunity to cool down (maybe a week as Remo said) and make an apology then make it clear if it happens again its perma ban?
He wasn't banned for leaving. He was banned for acting like a complete jackass after he did.
Taking aside the fact Greed is young and doesn't understand consequences, it looks like there was a legitimate problem with him and Proxy. We really should be working to create an environment that doesn't make people feel that they can't sort out a BMing issue and that the only thing to do is leave.
I don't think there really was a legitimate problem between him and proxy. He could have come to one of us be he did not. He specifically told other people that the president wouldn't do anything about it and he never messaged me once before he quit.
I can understand if you didn't notice, it's just the way he is and it's very oddly cyclical.
I feel like this is a problem between greed and his own head. Caint nobody suss that out cept himself.

If in a week or two he has gotten back on his meds and comes to talk to us in a *rational* manner, we can deal with it then. My approach will be to put any decision to an HC vote. Until then he remains justly banned in every aspect, website, community channel, teamspeak, smurfs and anything else.
remo

Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:47 pm

So i suspected this ramo guy of being greed's smurf. I asked him to get on TS and he logged out. When he logged back in...

Ramo: whats the problem with greed anyways? he just said he got banned for being bm
ugh my spacebar i s messed
You: yes greed was banned for ongoing bad manner
he was warned several times
and cant seem to control himself
Ramo: he told me he had a bad headache :P but still
You: right
he had a bad headache for months
its not like he was bm one day
he was bm every single day
to mulitple people
on the ladder, in clanwars
to other members of the clan
abusive, rude, obscene
Ramo: right
Last Message 7:16 PM
Ramo: welp
I just hope in the future you forgive me
Last Message 7:39 PM

So I guess he admitted that its actually a smurf. I need to get some baby powder cause I'm developing a callus on my ban hand.
  • Information