Annoucement of Drydock Edit Thread

For Joint Chiefs of Staff discussions.
remo

Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:12 pm

Guys, this is a working draft for the announcement. I want to hear ideas, suggestions, spelling mistakes and everything up to but *not* including "lets not do this". I've spoken to everybody at the point and listened to a wide variety of opinions and this is the direction we are going with. I want to get this posted soon so replay asap.

Tyrael, as this is a big enough announcement to put on the front page of the websites news feed, I'll need an appropriate banner image made up.
As everyone ought already be aware, LotV comes out November 10th. I don't know about ya'll but I'm pretty damn excited!

LotV is going to center around the Protoss' fight to reclaim their homeworld Aiur. This is going to be an epic battle and they are going to need all the allies they can get. If anyone hasn't seen the Reclamation trailer, here it is:

_uVideoPlayer({'url':'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnmfEk ... 275V1zGB4o');

In preparation for this upcoming battle we are recalling The Confederation's ships for retrofit and repair. They have accumulated a lot of battle damage over HotS, crewman killed and officers lost. We want to be as prepared as possible for the future and that means a large push for modernization and reorganization.

As of today the ships are pulling into the drydock in orbit around INSERT_COOL_SOUNDING_PLANET_HERE and crewmen are being transferred to the orbital space station for some well deserved rest and recreation. This will be reflected on the rosters with all crewmen being listed under the drydock group.

Over the next few weeks we will assess the battle damage to each ship and determine what repairs and upgrades need to happen. Not every hull may be salvageable. We may even build an entirely new ship or two. These decisions have not yet been made and we will make an announcement closer to the release of LotV.

We also need to shuffle around officers. There is going to be a competition where Captain candidates can demonstrate their valor and commitment to The Confederation. Preference will be given to members with prior command experience but the decision will ultimately be based on merit and not nepotism. Old officers and new members alike are encouraged to join the competition. If you are interested in serving as a Captain, please see the thread on the forums.

Official ship relaunch will occur when LotV comes out. Until then I encourage all of our players to enjoy the rest, practice their skills in the new game and get hyped. Clan wars and events will continue as normal. We are looking at the dawn of a new day for the game and the clan.

En Taro Adun!

*Salutes*

President Remo
remo

Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:18 pm

<18:22:48> "Boo": I read through the announcement post
<18:22:51> "Boo": If anyone hasn't seen the Reclamation trailer, here is it -> , here it is:
<18:22:56> "Boo": In preperation for this upcoming battle -> preparation
<18:23:00> "Boo": Over the next few weeks we will asses the battle damage -> assess , you dirty-minded man
<18:23:05> "Boo": These decisions have not yet been made and we will make an annoucement closer -> announcement
<18:23:10> "Boo": There is going to be a competition where Captain canidates -> candidates
<18:23:15> "Boo": Clanwars and events will continue as normal - > pretty sure clan wars are two separate words
<18:23:19> "Boo": Not every hull may be salvagable - > salvageable
remo

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:17 pm

<18:22:48> "Boo": I read through the announcement post
<18:22:51> "Boo": If anyone hasn't seen the Reclamation trailer, here is it -> , here it is:
<18:22:56> "Boo": In preperation for this upcoming battle -> preparation
<18:23:00> "Boo": Over the next few weeks we will asses the battle damage -> assess , you dirty-minded man
<18:23:05> "Boo": These decisions have not yet been made and we will make an annoucement closer -> announcement
<18:23:10> "Boo": There is going to be a competition where Captain canidates -> candidates
<18:23:15> "Boo": Clanwars and events will continue as normal - > pretty sure clan wars are two separate words
<18:23:19> "Boo": Not every hull may be salvagable - > salvageable
Done
remo

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:38 am

I'm no graphic design guy but I'm fairly pleased with this...

I've confirmed the base image is creative commons no attribution.
Tyrael

Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:23 am

I will do something up in the next day or two, along with the banner for the other thread.
remo

Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:40 pm

Ok, the post is up on the main forums, the news item is created and the rosters page has been appropriately modified. This part of the project is largely done.

Tyrael, no worries for this banner as I've already done one (see post immediately above yours) for this news item.

We do still need one for the competition thread.

I also need one in the style of the fleet one fleet two header banners for the rosters page. Right now its just text and could look better.
Tyrael

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:04 pm

Yes, I saw the image and with me being very particular about images, I will still be doing a version for it.

Dry Dock banner (Rosters):
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums....0nh.png

Captain Competition banner:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums....7bj.png

Dry Dock banner v1:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums....qty.png

Dry Dock banner v2:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums....oed.png
  • Information