Roster changes

For Joint Chiefs of Staff discussions.
shortland

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Everyone should have the password, I won't state it here;

Password
Anyways - rather than having to re-type the password 10000x times when you're doing stuff, you type it in 1 time, and you stay "logged in" until you logout/clear browser data

- You'll only be able to view the "edit user" links and etc if you're logged in
- Login by scrolling to the bottom of the roster and press the "login" link

Profile Viewer/Box
- Shows Wins/Losses in 1v1s :P makes it more competitive :)
- Ugly as fuck, I'm open to design suggestions/changes
- Has direct link to SC2 website
- Has direct link to Forum profile

Edit User Link
After logging in, when you click on a persons name, scroll to the bottom of the profile viewer thingy; you'll see an "edit user" link.

You can use it to change a persons:
- Group
- Rank
- League (will auto change back to whatever their league is on SC2)
- Race (If you set it, it'll change permanently; It showed Orion as still Terran, Jumbos as Protoss etc before)
- B.NET (SC2) API link (I don't suggest changing/editing it, unless there was an error in getting it)
- uCoz profile link
- Twitch/Hitbox stream link
I finally updated the active-streamers box on our main page, it refreshes every ~2 minutes to show any active streamers.
It also works with HitBox- if it's a HitBox stream link; type "HITBOXstreamname".
View/edit our member "Star"s profile to see what I mean (she uses HitBox)
- API error; I'll talk more about this later down in the post

Add Award
- Opens in new tab, (easier to give lots of awards lol)
- Older thing: has rank awards

PHPMyAdmin/LDAP
'LDAP' has been replaced with 'PHPMyAdmin' only High Command have the username and password to it. The username and password can also be found in the High Command Board -> Accounts thread
- In my opinion, it's more user friendly. It's basically a more in-depth "Edit User" page

New User
Prior, you had to search them on RankedFTW to get their Battle.net profile link. And then get their uCoz (forum) profile link.
It now does this automatically.
After adding a new user, every 30-60 min, the script auto checks for new users, and will automatically do the above (get b.net link etc)
It's very important you type in their name correctly when adding a new user.
It automatically gets their uCoz (forum) profile link; although if more than 1 user with the same name exists in the uCoz member list - it'll get the first person on the list. So you may want to eventually double check it's correct.

If the script is unable to find the user on RankedFTW for whatever reason; it'll state the reason in the "API Error" box.

TL;DR; "New User" is fully automatic now. Just type in their name correctly.

Rainbow
Colors were slightly changed. I tried to make it as fluid in colors? (idk i'm no arty person lol)
It shows what each color means at the bottom of the page when you click the rainbow link.
- ie:
red = last game played 14 days ago

It also shows member breakdown and % of people in each activity group.

Yellow; so the Blizzard API is wonky and weird. When searching the match-history for some users; it gives an error (blizzards end).
I reported it to them, and posted on the API forums... Waiting for a response from them.

Inactive/Banned
They've been purged/emptied. I can put back the original inactive into the new inactive list and same for banned if needed...

I think that's about it, let me know if you have any suggestions/comments/questions etc.

[Captain] : [Admiral] : [Domestic Advisor]
shortland

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:30 pm

[Captain] : [Admiral] : [Domestic Advisor]
remo

Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:44 pm

I think that's about it, let me know if you have any suggestions/comments/questions etc.
Since you asked...

You have put a ton of work into this. Congratulations on the result!
Everyone should have the password, I won't state it here;
Nope?
Password
Anyways - rather than having to re-type the password 10000x times when you're doing stuff, you type it in 1 time, and you stay "logged in" until you logout/clear browser data

- You'll only be able to view the "edit user" links and etc if you're logged in
- Login by scrolling to the bottom of the roster and press the "login" link
Sweet!
Profile Viewer/Box
- Shows Wins/Losses in 1v1s :P makes it more competitive :)
- Ugly as fuck, I'm open to design suggestions/changes
- Has direct link to SC2 website
- Has direct link to Forum profile
I like this a lot. It does need a little resizing work, renders with scrollbars on my laptop here.
Edit User Link
After logging in, when you click on a persons name, scroll to the bottom of the profile viewer thingy; you'll see an "edit user" link.

You can use it to change a persons:
- Group
- Rank
- League (will auto change back to whatever their league is on SC2)
- Race (If you set it, it'll change permanently; It showed Orion as still Terran, Jumbos as Protoss etc before)
- B.NET (SC2) API link (I don't suggest changing/editing it, unless there was an error in getting it)
- uCoz profile link
- Twitch/Hitbox stream link
I finally updated the active-streamers box on our main page, it refreshes every ~2 minutes to show any active streamers.
It also works with HitBox- if it's a HitBox stream link; type "HITBOXstreamname".
View/edit our member "Star"s profile to see what I mean (she uses HitBox)
- API error; I'll talk more about this later down in the post

Add Award
- Opens in new tab, (easier to give lots of awards lol)
- Older thing: has rank awards
Can't comment, no access.
PHPMyAdmin/LDAP
'LDAP' has been replaced with 'PHPMyAdmin' only High Command have the username and password to it. The username and password can also be found in the High Command Board -> Accounts thread
- In my opinion, it's more user friendly. It's basically a more in-depth "Edit User" page
LDAP has been replaced with MySQL. This makes me a bit sad as the intention was to use it for website auth were we ever to get off of uCoz.
New User
Prior, you had to search them on RankedFTW to get their Battle.net profile link. And then get their uCoz (forum) profile link.
It now does this automatically.
After adding a new user, every 30-60 min, the script auto checks for new users, and will automatically do the above (get b.net link etc)
It's very important you type in their name correctly when adding a new user.
It automatically gets their uCoz (forum) profile link; although if more than 1 user with the same name exists in the uCoz member list - it'll get the first person on the list. So you may want to eventually double check it's correct.

If the script is unable to find the user on RankedFTW for whatever reason; it'll state the reason in the "API Error" box.

TL;DR; "New User" is fully automatic now. Just type in their name correctly.
I can't see it but this sounds amazing!
Rainbow
Colors were slightly changed. I tried to make it as fluid in colors? (idk i'm no arty person lol)
It shows what each color means at the bottom of the page when you click the rainbow link.
- ie:
red = last game played 14 days ago

It also shows member breakdown and % of people in each activity group.

Yellow; so the Blizzard API is wonky and weird. When searching the match-history for some users; it gives an error (blizzards end).
I reported it to them, and posted on the API forums... Waiting for a response from them.
The colors are *much* better. Don't expect any useful response from blizzard.
Inactive/Banned
They've been purged/emptied. I can put back the original inactive into the new inactive list and same for banned if needed...
I would suggest keeping the banned list.

So, does this mean I can turn the old one off?
  • Information