Is it worth splitting workers yourself?

All SC2 related discussion.
DissidiaX

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:03 pm

I would say it's not worth it just because splitting yourself doesn't give consistent results, like if you do auto mine, the only thing you have to do is click on your nexus and press "e"

Added (2013/August/13, 8:03 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I would say it's not worth it just because splitting yourself doesn't give consistent results, like if you do auto mine, the only thing you have to do is click on your nexus and press "e"
AKA StrikeX(ConFed)
tenshender

Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:02 am

Leave automine on but split them anyway. If you really want to increase your APM it is something to do at the very beginning of the game and it marginally increases mineral income.
No one cared who I was until I took the helm.
Commander of the CFS-Excalibur
:|: Strength~Pride~Unity :|:
Machiavelli

Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:14 am

I dont belive in manually splitting, but worker micro is a must.
DirTyBiRD

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:19 pm

probably more of a preference/habit born out of the Korean mindset of getting .05% more efficiency per everything. sc2 auto rally is awesome and pretty much averages out any advantage you would get from doing it yourself every time successfully or unsuccessfully. ...imo Image
MechaStrizan

Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:41 am

I think that unless you are a pro-gamer that little edge is not really going to make a difference vs things like good macro, and overall strategy. Do you really need those few extra minerals or are you already not spending your resources fast enough? I wouldn't think this would matter until you start reaching a very high skill level.
Mayhem

Mon May 12, 2014 11:45 pm

I saw that Huk left on auto splitting but would manually split them as the headed to mineral patches so they found an open patch and began mining faster. I think the edge this gives is minimal so I wouldn't worry about it unless you are playing at the highest level. Image

Mon May 19, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm to lazy to do stuff like that
IlIlIlIlIlIl

Thu May 29, 2014 7:51 pm

While it doesn't make that much of a difference I go ahead and pair up my workers on the closest mineral patches. I think this is more important than manually splitting your workers at the beginning. Gives you a small mineral advantage in the early game, could somehow make a difference in a mirror match up Image !
Swag
Kool

Fri May 30, 2014 7:17 pm

I agree. I try and keep two workers on the close patches, and not use the far patches until 12 workers (Where saturation is needed) gives me a bit of an edge, I find it is the difference of a couple seconds of a fast pool. Gives me a bit of an edge against early pools.
With great power comes great electricity bill.

Platinum - Zerg - ???

Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:24 am

I saw some Masters Zerg on Twitch split his own. I thought it was weird. Brought back the days of Brood War to me. I'd leave automine on and then do it yourself if you want to be honest. That split second difference between you clicking and telling them to mine vs. them already going is pretty good in the beginning too.
  • Information